My mom sent this to me – yes, cheesy forward stuff, but heck.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
In fantasyland, I’m wrapping all my gifts in stunning, recyclable, fashion paper – some of which I designed myself.
In realityland, where I live at least for the part of the year when I wrap presents, it’s Whatever I Can Find.
2. Tree–Real or Artificial?
Fantasyland: A growing, live tree we keep for years and reuse
Realityland: Ok, so the norfolk pine is dying in the mud room.
3. When do you put Christmas tree up?
uh… when we can
4. When do you take the tree down?
When it starts dying and shedding so much that we’re bleeding from the needle punctures.
5. Like egg nog?
Yum – and the soy version is delicious, too (being pregnant, have to avoid the normal kind this year)
6. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, darn it – I want the bean bag one I had as a kid – nothing else will do
7. Favorite gift received as a child?
My first – and only – “real” theater saber sword
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Men – boring
My mother – always want to find something perfect and never do
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My daughter. If it’s pink…
10. Worst Christmas gift?
Toss up between a hairdryer – yuck – and gift of donated chicks to a third world country
11. Mail or email a Christmas card?
email saves trees, but yeah, nothing beats a card
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Miracle on 24th Street
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Dec. 22nd (ha)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
YES. I place the meanign of the gift on the act of giving, not on the material item itself. Unless, you know, I really like it.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas?
16. Clear or colored tree lights?
17. Favorite Christmas Song?
I like the one where you “fall on your knees”, We Three Kings, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home?
depends. I would not turn down an island vacation at any time.
19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer?
20. Angel or Star on Tree top?
Angel! We give her a kiss and she watches over us and our tree and presents.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning – Santa visits at night!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Not enough community rituals – I want more caroling, visiting, and snow – less shopping –